Dallas Baptist University believes in a holistic approach to evaluating students for academic and Christian service scholarships. Scholarships at DBU range from $4,000 to $12,000 annually, with the final award amount being determined with consideration to the rigor of a student's academic program and high school curriculum, Christian commitment, leadership, extracurricular involvement, letters of recommendation, and institutional fit.
Christian Service Scholarship
The Christian Service Scholarship (CSS) is valued at $3,000 per academic year for qualifying students. Students that receive the Christian Service Scholarship demonstrate Christian character, are involved in their church, school and community. Eligibility for the Christian Service Scholarship is determined by the information provided on the student's application for admission. A separate application for the CSS is not required.
Recipients of the scholarship must:
- Enroll in and successfully complete the DBU Christian Leadership course during the first year of enrollment.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student.
- During the first few weeks of each semester, declare an area of ministry for that semester. (Online forms will be provided.)
- Be involved (for at least six hours per month) in a volunteer service or ministry activity.
- Complete and submit all Ministry Journal requirements each month.
- Live in the DBU residence halls or a DBU apartment complex.
- Maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Maintain moral and ethical standards that would be exemplary of the life of Christ.
Eligibility for the Academic Scholarships is determined by the information provided on the student's application for admission. A separate application for the Academic Scholarships is not required.
|Scholarship Name||Amount||General Information|
|Patriot Award||$4,000 per year||The typical student who qualifies for this scholarship has an average GPA of 3.00, at least a 21 ACT/1100 SAT/71 CLT score, and ranks in the top half of their high school class.|
|Patriot Honor Award||$6,000 per year||Students who qualify for this scholarship typically will have an average GPA of 3.4, 23 ACT/1140 SAT/75 CLT score, and rank in the top half of their class.|
|Dean's Award||$8,000 per year||Students who qualify for this scholarship typically will have an average GPA of 3.65, 24 ACT/1180/77 CLT SAT score, and rank in the top quarter of their class.|
|Dean's Honor Award||$10,000 per year||Students who qualify for this scholarship typically will have an average GPA of 3.65, 26 ACT/1240 SAT/82 CLT score, and rank in the top 20% of their class.|
|Presidential Scholar Award||$12,000 per year||Students who receive this top scholarship have traditionally earned an average GPA of 3.95, 28 ACT/1310 SAT/87 CLT score, and rank in the top 10% of their high school class.|
Christian Leadership Scholarship
For additional information on the scholarships listed above, please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office. For information on other scholarships not listed here, visit our Scholarships page on the Financial Aid website.