The Christian Leadership Scholarship is awarded by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to new students who have demonstrated exceptional Christian character and leadership abilities as well as proven academic skills. The scholarship is awarded to students who have demonstrated servant-leadership by giving their lives to serving God in the church, in their schools, and in their communities. This scholarship, funded in part by the annual Russell Perry Free Enterprise Award Dinner, is renewable on a year-by-year basis for a maximum of five years, as you meet the renewal requirements. The scholarship is valid for up to 120 attempted undergraduate hours of college credit including hours transferred from other colleges and universities.
The Christian Leadership Scholarship is a monetary award that shall be applied toward tuition only. This scholarship is a need/merit based scholarship designed only for new, incoming students. Candidates are evaluated on the basis of academic ability, demonstrated Christian leadership, and need. The scholarship committee will evaluate each candidate on the basis of his or her total qualifications. Before being considered for this scholarship, the student must be admitted to Dallas Baptist University.
Recipients of the scholarship must:
- Enroll in and successfully complete the DBU Christian Leadership course during the first year of enrollment.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student.
- During the first few weeks of each semester, declare an area of ministry for that semester. (Online forms will be provided.)
- Be involved (for at least six hours per month) in a volunteer service or ministry activity.
- Complete and submit all Ministry Journal requirements each month.
- Live in the DBU residence halls or a DBU apartment complex.
- Maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Maintain moral and ethical standards that would be exemplary of the life of Christ.