A partial list of leadership opportunities available to students.
- Student Government Association
- The Student Government Association at DBU cultivates and develops on–campus leaders to serve and represent the student body in a way that will glorify the Lord. Each class elects five senators to be their voice to administration. The SGA meets every week for a Senate meeting to discuss opportunities for service and campus improvement. The organization provides the university a group of students who are ready and willing to serve and provides students a way to practice servant leadership. For example, the Student Government has worked with administration to extend visiting hours in the residence halls, implement a scanning system to enter the dorms after curfew, and coordinate blood drives for the students throughout the year.
- Student Workers
- DBU offers its students the opportunity to work on campus in order to provide them with necessary skills that will assist them in their future careers. DBU seeks to provide employment opportunities that benefit both the student and the university. Every office on campus employs student workers giving students the ability to find work related to their degree so they can learn from their work environments as they network with DBU faculty/staff. Enrolled students can search and apply for on-campus jobs through the Career Services website: www.dbu.edu/careerservices.
- Resident Assistants
- Each resident hall has a Resident Assistant who serves as the hall’s authority figure. To be selected as a Resident Assistant, students must go through a rigorous application process and be approved by university administration. The RA is responsible for effectively leading anywhere from 30-40 students, planning events for the hall to help build community, ministering to residents in their time of need, submitting maintenance requests, and working a duty night one night a week in the lobby of their respective residence hall. Many residents develop a close friendship with their RA that will last throughout their college careers.
- Baptist Student Ministry Leaders
- Baptist Student Ministry leaders have an opportunity to invest in the lives of students while serving off and on campus through various ministries. A few of the service opportunities within the Metroplex include Mission Arlington, Dallas Life Foundation, Mission Arlington Kids Club, and the Skate Park Ministry. There are also opportunities to serve on campus through Inspire Ministries, Conversation Partners, and International Tutoring. Leaders commit to serve in this capacity for a full year in addition to serving along side other students participating in the ministry. Responsibilities include tasks such as keeping record of attendance of students who attend on a weekly basis, keeping students informed of other ministry opportunities, as well as being accountable to other leadership for the basic operations for the respective ministry.
- Diamond Belles
- The Diamond Belles is a sisterhood of believers whose purpose is to provide support to student athletes, faculty/staff, students, and the community, through ministry, servant leadership, and discipleship; to encourage DBU spirit through campus promotion and recruitment; and to mature together through the pursuit of moral, intellectual and spiritual development. The Diamond Belles serves the student body through supporting DBU athletic teams. This group of ladies is responsible for working the concession stand at basketball and baseball games. The Diamond Belles are passionate about promoting school spirit through athletic involvement on a thriving campus.
- Student Ambassadors
- Student Ambassadors is a selected group of students dedicated to assisting in the recruitment of new first year and transfer students. They participate in Patriot Preview events, high school and college nights, and other recruiting events through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Student Activities Board
- The purpose of the SAB is to meet the social needs of the traditional age DBU student living on campus or commuting through planning and executing social activities, aiding them in their development of servant leadership.