Hi, my name is Lindsey Bass, and I am the Resident Director in the Crowley Complex. I lived in Crowley my freshman year and loved every minute of it! I met some of my very best friends living here and it’s such a joy and privilege to be able to come back and help foster and strengthen community in the very place I first experienced it.
My hope for you as a resident in the Crowley Complex is that you would grow close to each of the girls on your hall and develop a community that feels like a second home. The Resident Assistants and I are here to help make this happen!
As I thoroughly enjoyed my experience as a student resident in Crowley Complex, I pray that you too will also have a wonderful experience worth cherishing. My desire for each of you is that you will be encouraged towards the Lord through your living experience in Crowley.
We will help develop a community living environment and plan exciting events to further that community. I am excited to get to know you and be your future RD! Know that I am here for you if you ever need anything and am looking forward to serving you!
“And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.” –Hebrews 10:24-25
List of Amenities
- Cable TV All rooms are equipped with cable television.
- Telephone Service/Voicemail Each room is equipped with a phone jack and voicemail service.
- Internet/Wireless Free wi-fi is available over the entire DBU campus for registered DBU students.
- Furnishings Each student is provided with a twin size bed, desk, chair and chest of drawers.
- Free Laundry Service Our washers and dryers are located on the bottom floor and are free to all Crowley residents.
- Vending Snack and soda machines are located on the bottom floor and stocked regularly.
- Ice Maker/Microwave Located on the bottom floor.
- Fitness Center The workout facility at DBU is free to all students carrying a current student ID.
- Pool area The residence halls have a swimming pool and hot tub area located adjacent to the Crowley Complex.
I have had the best time living in Crowley over the past 2 years. My freshmen year I grew and became more independent while living here. All the girls leave their doors open and share bathrooms so it feels like you are living in one big apartment. I met my “sisters”, who are my best friends here. After living here my freshman year, I felt the Lord calling me to be an RA. Being an RA is my ministry and calling from the Lord.
Living in Crowley is like living in an environment and community where you can grow.
Something new and fun happens every day in Crowley.
Being an RA in Crowley is like having 30 sweet, wonderful children who are also some of my closest friends.